The key to successful property and asset management is service. Venerable Properties, LLC (a subsidiary of Venerable Group, Inc.) handles all the traditional commercial property management tasks and demonstrates unique qualities that helps our firm stand out among other property management companies.
Venerable manages all types of commercial buildings, but our specialty is managing historic buildings that cater to multi-tenant affordable offices/creative workspaces for artists and small to medium businesses. These properties require more intensive maintenance specific to historic buildings with brick and/or plaster surfaces, wood windows and structural and acoustical challenges in additional to older mechanical systems.
An example of our management expertise with historic buildings is the Skidmore Fountain Building, (link for photos) located in Old Town, was nearly vacant when Venerable contracted with Portland Saturday Market and the Portland Development Commission (PDC) in 2003 to manage the building and lease the available space. We knew immediately how to market the spaces by seeking and leasing to our niche tenants-artists, creative-oriented and small office startups. For over four years, Venerable kept tenants in this difficult to lease property troubled by its location and pre-redevelopment status, thereby reducing a persistent significant cash outflow to a manageable level. Staff provided excellent services to multiple tenants that included responding to numerous maintenance calls, handling hundreds of monthly checks and cash payments, tenant insurance coordination and other issues the previous management firm was unprepared to institute and maintain.
WHAT WE DO
We maximize the value of the client’s property by:
1. Preserving assets
2. Reducing costs
3. Retaining tenants
We are proud of the professional services and attention we offer both our tenants and clients. Our maintenance staff is experienced and dedicated to maintaining the physical condition of the buildings we manage. Maintenance’s main goal, as with all Venerable Properties’ employees, is the satisfaction of our tenants and clients. The maintenance department offers the following services:
- Preventative maintenance
- Consistently provides quality service to tenants
- Provides maintenance and physical condition of properties and offer cost saving measures to ensure and enhance facility management
- Conduct property inspections
We make sure the buildings we manage run as efficiently as possible. We know the market and we know by experience the cost for contracted services such as janitorial, security and landscaping. We subcontract with only the most experienced and reliable contractors with the best price for the money and that we trust to provide quality work. With our contractor’s status, we use competitive vendors to purchase supplies wholesale.
This is one of the most important functions we provide for building owners. We also work hard to keep tenants happy and respond quickly and efficiently to their concerns. Tenant relations are vital to the success of our firm. We provide top quality service and satisfaction of our tenants and owners.
We offer tenants:
- Quarterly tenant surveys that allow us to inspect our individual efforts
- Quick response time to maintenance requests and other concerns
- Fair and impartial decisions based on the lease agreement. The initial contact at the lease signing offers the opportunity to explain in detail the important parts of the agreement thus reducing any misunderstanding and future conflicts
We offer owners:
- Regular site visits performed by the maintenance supervisor, property manager and president. During each site inspection, a detail list of improvement needs is recorded
- Establishes annual budgets, monthly financial reports to owners, proforma projects and bids for capital improvements
- Regular audits of property expenses and vendor payments
- Marketing strategies
- Lease negotiation/Lease administration/Lease renewals
- Collection of rent/deposits and receivables
- Dated monthly accounting
- Insurance policies
- Vendor contracts
Property/Asset Manager: Steven Robinson-503-943-6092
Assistant Property Manager: Carolyn Pantier-503-943-6097
Maintenance: 503-224-2446 or Ilie Lavu 971-235-9237